Bloger: Minh Châu
Thông tin cho các bạn quan tâm về mảng năng lượng và vận động chính sách. Training camp tại Thái Lan đang tuyển đại biểu tham gia. Thông tin chi tiết các bạn đọc ở dưới nhé.
Call for Applications:
Energy Policy Advocacy Training for Mekong / Myanmar Regional Campaigners
January 18-20, 2018
Photo: From internet
The goals of this training are to:
- Promote democratic and sustainable energy planning in the Mekong/Myanmar region
- Analyze national energy plans and proposals for regional energy trade
- Examine the advantages and disadvantages of centralized and decentralized energy options
- Explore ways to promote energy efficiency and renewable alternatives
- Develop campaign messages around national and regional energy issues and Thai/Chinese investment
- Release a joint statement and recommendations
- Develop next steps for building a regional energy policy advocacy network
Ideal participants will have knowledge of the negative social and environmental impacts of coal and hydropower, and a strong interest in working as a coalition to promote public participation in the development of clean and sustainable alternatives.
Participants are asked to cover their own travel costs to Bangkok, Thailand. The organizers will cover all local travel, food, and accommodation costs. A limited amount of financial support is available for those with a demonstrated need and commitment. Please feel free to contact us if you have a strong interest in attending but require support for travel costs.
To apply, please write to Sabrina@internationalrivers.org by Friday, December 29, 2017. Please provide your name, your organization, and a short answer to the following question: what problems do you see in the energy sector, and how do you hope to use the knowledge gained from this training to address those problems?